- Jenn Slavcek – email@example.com
Board of Directors
- Kevin Cox – Kevin Cox is a lifelong resident of the Pittsburgh area and currently resides in the Morningside neighborhood of Pittsburgh. Kevin became involved with the Shepherd’s Door while working with refugees in the Bellevue area as a resettlement case worker at Catholic Charities. Kevin currently works as a family therapist with Family Services of Western PA. Kevin is a member of Church of the Ascension in Oakland and also worships regularly with the Pittsburgh Bhutanese Hosanna Church at Bellevue Christian Church.
- Janice Jeletic – Janice Jeletic is a native of Avalon and currently lives in nearby Ohio Township. She has a BA in English from Westminster College and an MA in Communications Management from Duquesne University. Her career has been focused in communications and marketing in the financial services, health care and consulting industries. A lifelong member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Avalon, she is committed to serving and improving the North Boroughs and bringing together the resources needed to help its residents. She currently serves as a volunteer for the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra New Leadership Board, Westminster College’s Alumni Council, AvalonNOW!, and the Communications Committee of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, as well as president of Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Ed Klicker – Ed Klicker is a longtime resident of Avalon Borough serving in the community in a variety of ways including six years on Northgate School Board (1983-1989), eighteen years on Avalon Council including eight years as the Council President (1992-2010), and is part of the North Boroughs Fireworks Committee (2006- Present). Ed taught for 32 years in the Blackhawk School District and is currently the Avalon Borough Tax Collector. He has been an elder in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) for 25 years and worships with his family at Covenant Community Church. Ed has been married for thirty five years, has four adult children and three grandchildren.
- Carolyn Paletta – Carolyn Paletta is a Pittsburgh native and obtained a law degree from Duquesne University. She practices labor, employment, family, special education and criminal defense law at Steele Schneider. During her studies at Duquesne, Carolyn worked in a law clinic assisting start-up non-profits in completing all initial state and federal paperwork. Carolyn and her husband Joe are regular attendees at Bellevue Christian Church and reside in Bellevue.
- Matt Harding – Matt Harding is a lifelong resident of Bellevue and has a B.S. of Chemical Engineering from Penn State University. He has been involved with The Shepherd’s Door as a volunteer since 2009 and served as the Executive Director of The Shepherd’s Door from July 2012 to March 2015. Matt resides in Bellevue with his wife Courtney. The two are are active members of Bellevue Christian Church.
The Shepherd’s Door has over 30 committed volunteers from 11 different ecumenical churches in the Pittsburgh Region. On average, these volunteers spend over 400 hrs per month to keep The Shepherd’s Door running. Our need for volunteers continues to grow as we expand and launch new programs.